Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Tin Full of Memories






I love a mini-album. It gives me such a sense of scrapbook COMPLETION. I often feel like I'm drowning in photos and memories and then I craft up a single mini-album and all is right with the world! As I finish them I add them to a large basket on a bookshelf where they are easily accessed and enjoyed.


This little album is made from the Little Reminders tin in the Stampin' Up! Spring Mini Catalog. The tin comes with 140 self-adhesive die-cuts -- and many of them found their way into this project. It's a little different from the tin we made this winter as this is an accordian style with the one edge glued into the tin for complete "pull-out" effect. It uses my very favorite Cool Caribbean cardstock for the pages along with accents in Certainly Celery and So Saffron. The album has a small amount of stamping inside with the Office Accoutrements set that matches the die-cuts. I also used one of the stamps to heat emboss the outside of the tin.

I am using mine for a "Remember when you were 2" album for my youngest daughter. It will just be a compilation of random photos of the past year. Of course after I finished it I thought it was so darn cute I would probably have to order up two more tins to make "remember when you were 3" and "remember when you were 4" for the other girls. I'll have to order the tins soon as they disappear when the Spring Mini Catalog is finished June 30th. Let me know if you need a tin or two or three. And send me an email if you want to get in on the class that will be making them together later this month.

Creativity Note: I knew from the moment I saw this tin in the catalog I wanted to make it an album. After I saw Amy Celona's sample my project was kick started. Thanks Amy, as always, for sharing your beautiful projects.

No comments: