Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Friends








This was another end-of-the-year project -- a class gift from our little Superstars to their teachers. I pulled out one of my all-time favorite sets -- the retired Crayon Kids (RIP) and the matching wheel. I had recently traded another demonstrator for the wheel to make things for the Quota District Conference we are planning. But it was too perfect to pass up for this.

I gave each student a page of cardstock (8x8) from the Bold Brights collection for them to create a page. Then I took a photo of each one and used it opposite their own creation. I inked the wheel to match the cardstock and made a "frame" of sorts for the individual photos.

For the covers I used Black Staz-On for the images and blender pens with all the coordinating Bold Brights Ink. The titling is in the Doodle Alphabet from the Spring Mini Catalog. The ribbons are from all over my ribbon stash. But far and away my favorite part is the "friends" sentiment from the Crayon Kids. At our preschool everyone is everyone's friend. It rolls off the tongue dozens of times a day. It's a wonderful thing for children to learn -- this being friends thing!

2 comments:

Erica Payne said...

What a darling idea. I wish I had this set. May have to hit ebay. The teacher is going to love it.

Sheila Brown said...

This is so adorable! What a great idea! I will have to ask Ms. Joan to show me her book!! LOVE IT!
Hope all is well with you all. Give the girls a hug from me!
Sheila