Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sparkling Summer


We are getting ready to celebrate a 3rd birthday around here -- and we're doing it with a POOL PARTY! I sat down to make a batch of invitations and I wasn't all that inspired by anything that popped into my brain. And so I said to myself WWJTD?

Those of us who are immersed in the cult -- er, company -- known as Stampin' Up! often make business and creative decisions by asking ourselves, What Would Jan Tink Do? Jan is a fantabulous stamper and demonstrator in Michigan . She is the goddess of GO-JUHS and she loves herself and all her fans love her right back.

Well, wouldn't ya know Jan Tink had previously crafted up a cutie litle invitation with the Sparkling Summer set that she folded into a basketweave based on an article in a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator magazine from a few years back. That did it! I pulled out my Bold Brights and scored and cut and folded -- and there you have it!

One more confession. Sparkling Summer isn't even my stamp set. Had to borrow it from Auntie Robin. I lovd the set for years -- should have bought it half a dozen times and then it retired right out from under me this past summer. Let that be a lesson. Buy 'em when you like 'em. Or hope Auntie Robin did!

Stamp sets: Sparkling Summer, Hugs and Wishes
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, YoYo Yellow, Pixie Pnk
Ink: Black Staz-on, Tempting Turquoise, YoYo Yellow, Pixie Pink
Accessories: Turquoise Grosgrain, Blender Pens, 1/8" hole punch, Black Journaler

1 comment:

hchybinski said...

oh those are cute!!! we are having our 7th party at a "real" location (gasp!). . .a mini golf party. . .they supply everything. . .so i am taking the easy road and sending the postcards . . .

Hillary