Thursday, April 05, 2007

Easter Wishes

Here's my confession about Easter cards this year. I didn't have a single original thought on the subject. I made two different cards and both were completely COPIED from the work of other stampers. Over at Splitcoast Stampers they have a very polite term for this -- it's called CASEing -- or Copy And Stamp (or share) Everything.

As a scrapbooker, I have always called this "lifting".

No matter what you call it, sometimes (oftentimes) it is the way to go. Not every late-night crafting session will produce brilliance. Sometimes the way to get stuff done is to find something you like and create one of your own. Inspiration is all around. Magazines, idea books, online galleries, blogs. The world is already loaded with good ideas. And here is one of them:


This card was created by stamper Amy Ward for a swap involving other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators. Since the time I spied it in person, I have seen it posted online in other galleries. I really did make this one myself following the original exactly. (I told you -- no creativity on this.)

This is the Bunny Hugs set with Certainly Celery, So Saffron and Whisper White Cardstock. The patterned paper strip is Petals & Paisley from the Spring Mini Catalog. I used the 3/4 circle punch for the peek holes. And the chicks were colored in So Saffron Ink with a blender pen. This cute little size fits perfectly into the small open-ended envelopes (107286).

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

I love this one...too cute!