Sunday, February 18, 2007

Great Clips



Here is a fast project we're making at workshops in these final weeks of Sell-a-bration. These are gigantic paper clips designed to keep that Stampin' Up! Wish List attached to your Idea Book and Catalog at all times.

Some of those talented artists at Splitcoast Stampers had been using their die machines to cut tops for the clips. I simplified it by using the 1 3/8" PUNCH and cutting out my circles from the cardboard Mac and Cheese boxes in my recycling bin. For each clip I cut two pieces of "Mac and Cheese Board" and adhered punched circles of that wonderful LOVES ME DESIGNER PAPER to one side of each circle. I used that super-duper E6000 Adhesive to attach chipboard circles to the clip -- and applied pressure with a clothespin while they set.

At workshops, we are then taking cardstock circles from the 1 1/4" PUNCH (in coordinating COOL CARIBBEAN and PRETTY IN PINK) and stamping our initial from the BEST FRIENDS ALPHABET UPPER in CHOCOLATE CHIP INK. We glue the initial to the patterned paper and add a FLIRTY RIBBON accent with a glue dot and it's done!

The paper and ribbon are in the WINTER MINI CATALOG which expires on February 28th. Stock up while you can. I know I am really going to miss this paper and ribbon....

No comments: